Saturday, October 11, 2014

Road Trip

My sister and her family are in the south of France for a week, so I am  headed down to see them for a couple of days.  The first stop was Boissezon, a small hilltop village in the Tarn department.  In looking for fixtures for remodeling our kitchen, I fell in love with a light produced by Terre d'Hautaniboul, and it was basically on the way there, so I decided to stop by their pottery and order it in person.  The town apparently is known as a bit of an artists' colony.

We are going for the one on the left.
The village was quiet and most of the galleries had closed for the season

Hilltop Church
It rained off and on for most of my drive down

The pottery is located just outside of town, but luckily the person who answered the phone spoke a bit of English,  which combined with my limited French allowed me to find it.

Shards used to gravel the drive

This is a small, family-run operation and the showroom above the studio was misted with a layer of dust from the clay

Their fixtures are beautiful and I found out there is a 40% discount for buying in person, so might have to get a few!

The biggest challenge is picking out the color combination, so they gave me some shards to take home and decide with Jörg.
I found there was an Emmaüs just 30 minutes south in Aussillon, so had to stop

Beautiful blue scale (that needed cleaning), but there was no price and the guy quoted  €30, which was too much

But I Couldn't pass up this €6 gadget labeled "crocmoi".  I am guessing it is for making delicious croque-monsieurs (one of my favorites), but couldn't find anything online and will have to do a little research

The old part of Aussillon

The welcome committee at my hotel in Carcassonne

View front the hotel bar

1 comment:

  1. Really amazing thanks for sharing this with us ,It is incredible. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.

    Europe trip planner

    ReplyDelete